Herbert Xu schrieb:
> Ingo Oeser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'm just asking myself, why is AES-256 not announced by the IPsec
> > framework?
> It should work.  Which user-space IPsec daemon are you using?

racoon 0.5.2 as Debian package (0.5.2-1) from sarge, kernel 2.6.11.12.
I also used matching ipsec-tools.

Situation:

I tried to connect to a some Cisco 35xx (don't remember exactly) from a
different company and there the IPsec phase2 announcement (ISAKMP was
successful already) was seen as AES-128 always and I found no way
to change that anywhere or even check whether the other technician
was telling the truth.

After the Cisco was set to accept proposal for AES-128 and not only AES-256 it
worked immediately.

But Dave S. Miller already gave an answer to the kernel part, so I guess this
might be a racoon problem. If you are interested, we can discuss this issue
further off-list or on the proper list for ipsec-tools.

Regards

Ingo Oeser