On Sun, 2005-13-11 at 16:47 +0100, Stefan Rompf wrote:
> Am Sonntag 13 November 2005 16:09 schrieb jamal:
>
> > I think the discussions have been valuable despite the time they took.
> > This is just to bring us back to not go on a tangent and hopefully close
> > this sooner.
>
> thanks for taking the time to moderate this.
>
> > We have agreed to implement based on 2863.
>
> not really. We already have two different opinions here:
>
> a) Support RFC2863 in kernel. Propenents Stefan and Jamal (it seems)
>
> b) Add another state bit that maps to IFF_ESTABLISHED or IFF_DORMANT. A
> RFC2863-like state may be derived from these bits. Proponents Krzysztof and
> Thomas.

I thought we went past this already.
And yes, you captured my opinion on 2863 support being in the kernel.
Just like 1213 is in the kernel. But are you sure this is not resolved
already?

Krzysztof, Thomas - can you speak if this is still your position?
I will then repost and update the issues list.

cheers,
jamal