Ok..not really a bug report since I don't know exactly what
all went wrong, or how...but here's what I saw.  If anyone
else has seen anything wierd with 2.6.14 networking, especially
related to NFS and/or e100, please let me know.

I left 2.6.14 (plus my hacks, could be the problem as always)
running a 200Mbps bi-directional TCP connection to self.  TSO was
enabled....

About 30 minutes after starting the 200Mbps TSO connection (eth1 -- eth2), I see
e100_watchdog report link down on eth0.  This link should never go
down.  I do not see it ever say link is back up, but it is not
untill about 3.5 hours later that the tcp connection between my
desktop and the 2.6.14 machine, which runs over the e100 interface,
actually failed (my code will detect comm failure within 2 minutes
via hearbeat over TCP).

This could be a problem with my
code, but then again, I haven't seen this before, running the same
code on 2.6.13.2.  The problem appears to be that the TCP connection just
stopped passing data without actually breaking the connection.

I also noticed that the NFS mounts on my desktop to the 2.6.14 machine
were hung this morning.  I did an '/etc/init.d/nfs start' on the 2.6.14 machine,
and it said 'OK'.  This is strange, because the NFS daemons start on boot
and had not been (purposefully) stopped.  It should have just returned
w/out saying OK if the nfs stuff was running.

Even after that, the desktop remained hung on NFS.  (By this, I mean that ls
/mnt/foo/blah
was unkillable and did not complete.)

A third machine *was* able to mount the 2.6.14 machine in this state...so it
wasn't
just an NFS problem with the 2.6.14 machine.  ping and telnet to the 2.6.14
machine
from the desktop showing NFS hangs also continued to work.

After rebooting the 2.6.14 machine, NFS started working as expected on the
original
desktop.

Aren't Mondays lovely!

Thanks,