On Tue, 2005-06-12 at 23:34 +0100, Stefan Rompf wrote:
> Am Dienstag 06 Dezember 2005 22:25 schrieb Krzysztof Halasa:
>
> > > Is Stefan's patch going to restore the functionality that you need?
> >
> > I hope so. If done correctly, it would not only provide the
> > functionality my drivers were using before the breakage, it would
> > enable me to cut the dirty links between low level and mid level
> > drivers.
>
> So I'll rediff against 2.6.15rc, fix Jamals latest nitpick and submit the
> patch for inclusion.

Excellent.

I think despite the lack of sync between Krzysztof and myself this has
turned out to be a good thing overall.

Thanks for your perseverance Stefan.

> > But _first_ it needs to be correct.
>
> We'll continue to have different opinions on RFC2863 and on how the interface
> between userspace and kernel should be. So any discussion on this part is
> moot, we won't find a better compromise.

I agree.

Krzysztof oughta look at the patch and make sure it works for him; and separate
that issue from what 2863 does.

> After this part is finished, we can restart talking about L3.

Hopefully after you have submitted the patch;-> Glad we deferred that out.

cheers,
jamal