Stefan Roese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Understood. But a total rewrite of this code is unfortunately not an option,
> since it's just too much work (without a sponsor).

It's the only option I'm afraid. But we don't need to rewrite the whole
library, what we really need is a) NPE firmware loader and NPE interface,
b) Ethernet driver, c) sync serial driver, d) ATM/DSL driver.
With a) and then b) being the important ones.

This is much less work. One has to figure out how does it all work with
NPEs, though. The code is so obscure I'm not sure if it can be called
"source".

> It's the complete ixp400 access library. The file available via the link
> above
> is called "IPL_ixp400AccessLibrary-2_0.zip" and the BSD version of it is
> called "BSD_ixp400AccessLibrary-2_0.zip". Only the license headers seem
> to be
> replaced. As I heard the 2.1 version should also be available in the BSD
> version in december, but I didn't get access to it until now.

Is Intel going to make BSD-licensed version publicly available? It would
cut some legal questions.

Be it 2.0 or 2.1, the version isn't that important (it has to be written
from scratch anyway, only their NPE firmware can be used but it's not
GPL-related).
--
Krzysztof Halasa