On Mon, 2006-16-01 at 05:46 +0100, Patrick McHardy wrote:

> So as you can see it is perfectly fine to classify to any band without
> even using priomap.

I dont think there is any arguement about that (eventually you have to
fall to priomap though). I could also specify with filters or eventually
use skb->priority.

The question (the "grey area") is whether is when i dont specify
the priomap whether the kernel should initialize it for me to anything
other than noop. If i want to attach things to a noop qdisc thats within
my bands i could. You seem to say you (the kernel) will decide for me -
and we disagree on that assumption ;->

Note, we are beating on a dead horse - after those basic tests, I ACKed
this patch ;->

cheers,
jamal