Hi,

Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
>       All AP changes are sent as wireless events (for drivers that
> implement iwevent), so you can use that to track APs. Kernel has no
> way to know at which rate you want to check signal strenght, and for
> some card this involve interrogating the card (i.e. I/O overhead),
> which is why polling make sense (same for Scanning).

But I guess there are nice heuristics like the slope of the error rate.
Get many errors -> check more often.

Add some device configurable minimum, to let the device make progress,
and user configurable maximum, to check signal strength even of strong signals
more often when you are sitting in a fast moving vehicle.

Does this sound too simple?

Regards

Ingo Oeser