On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 11:56:26AM -0800, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
 > > > Nack.  changing module tables in one driver depending on another driver
 > > > is always bogus.  Better send a patch to udev/modutils/whatever
 > > > maintainers
 > > > to prefer one over the others.
 > > Is there really any such stuff in there?
 >
 > Talking to myself again...
 > Newest version of module-init-tools has a nice blacklist feature.
 > The bigger problem is that module config file seems to be a per-distro thing.

For Fedora, I'm taking the easy option for FC5 - disable building sk98lin  :-)
Over time, I wouldn't be surprised if other distros did the same thing.

It doesn't solve the problem for people building their own kernels though.
How about kconfig hackery to make only one of them selectable, but both
visible (until sk98lin gets removed) ?

                Dave