From: Ben Greear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:35:28 -0800

> We've had worse kernel bugs in official releases!

Please document the change that made it into an official release that
broke every user of a given piece of hardware, regardless of kernel
configuration or chip revision of said hardware, and was performed
by the vendor of that hardware.

It doesn't happen, because vendors know they will get lynched if they
don't at least reboot into the changes they are submitting and perform
basic smoke tests.

It doesn't happen unless you exert zero testing on your changes and
all the vendors have been giving me an earfull in the past about how
good quality control is only really obtainable if the vendor maintains
the Linux driver.

And this just proves such claims dead wrong and that vendors do cut
corners.  They make the same mistakes any non-vendor maintainer of a
device driver might make.