On 1/23/06, JaniD++ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello, list,
>
> I using some servers on the same network, and the new (6.2.15) driver works
> better for me.
> But i have one (and most important) server, that cannot use this driver,
> because need to booting from it.
>
> First i think the initrd , but the compiled driver (.ko) is a little big to
> fit in initrd easy. :-(
>
> Is there a way to compile it into the kernel? (6.2.15 or 6.3.*)

the 6.3.9 equivalent is in 2.6.16-rc1-git4, so you could likely just
copy the source from there.  The driver should work fine as a compiled
in driver vs a module.

You could also just try dropping the 6.3.9 source files into the
drivers/net/e1000 directory (don't overwrite the makefile!) and that
may work too (YMMV)

Jesse