Jesse Brandeburg wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Ingo Oeser wrote:
> > Jeff Kirsher wrote:
> > > These functions help restore the driver to active configuration when
> > > coming out of resume for
> > power management.
> >
> > Shouldn't this problem be fixed in the PCI layer of Linux?
> >
> > PS: CC'ed maintainer of Linux PCI core
>
> I recently saw some patches for pci express go by that may actually fix
> this issue, but until then, this fix in the driver gets us most of the way
> there.  When the subsystem is fixed, we can decide if this code is
> superfluous and remove it.

Agreed.

I just wanted to point out the need for such functions to the
PCI maintainer and either get a "Use function foo() for this!",
"I have feature $BAR in my queue for this." or "Not yet implemented!".

Finally I have no objections to fixing the issue in the driver
until the PCI layer of Linux offers this functionality itself.

Regards

Ingo Oeser