On Mon, Jan 30 2006, Jens Axboe wrote:
> If this is a hardware bug, why am I only seeing it now all of a sudden?
> I'll try with e1000 drivers from an older kernel on this box now, just
> to be sure. Starting with 2.6.14, although I'm pretty certain that
> 2.6.15 worked flawlessly as well.

Just copying over e1000/* from 2.6.14 works great, no timeouts
experienced. It's scp'ed ~150MiB now, before it threw timeouts before it
hit 16MiB even. Rate is about ~800KiB/sec, this is over the internet
through my router. This must be a driver bug introduced recently. I'll
try 2.6.15 e1000 as well, but as written above, I'm pretty sure the bug
only started to show its ugly face after the e1000 updates in
2.6.16-rc1.

--
Jens Axboe