On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:16:03PM +0100, Jochen Friedrich wrote:
> Hi Denis,
>
> >Hi John,
> ># cg-clone
> >rsync://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6.git
> >wireless-2.6.git
> >

> the branch softmac has been renamed to softmac-all.
>
> # cg-clone
> "rsync://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6.git#softmac-all"
>  wireless-2.6.git

Yes, sorry about that!  I had meant to announce the branch renaming,
but it slipped... :-(

Basically, there are a number of driver branches that are
named *-softmac, and a branch for the softmac code itself named
softmac-upstream.  Those all get pulled into the softmac-all branch.
There are an analagous set of branches for the Devicescape code.

Finally, both softmac-all and dscape-all are pulled (along with
upstream) into the domesday branch.

Hth!

John

P.S.  The *-softmac and *-dscape branches and even the *-all branches
are mostly for my sanity.  Most people really only need to worry
about the domesday, upstream, upstream-fixes and/or master branches
(depending on your level of interest).
--
John W. Linville
[EMAIL PROTECTED]