On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:36:26PM +0100, Michael Buesch wrote:
> Not sure, if I am the first one compiling the domesday branch,
> but the ieee80211_rx symbol clashes:
>
> net/ieee80211/built-in.o: In function `ieee80211_rx':
> : multiple definition of `ieee80211_rx'
> net/d80211/built-in.o:: first defined here
>
> Maybe people always compile the stacks as modules, so this does
> only appear on insmod time... .

It shows-up w/ allyesconfig.  Are you saying it shows-up w/ modules
as well?  Surely that is only if you load both the ieee80211 and
d80211 modules at the same time?

> But how to solve it? I suggest to change all dscape function prefixes
> from ieee80211_FOO to d80211_FOO.
> As bcm43xx is the only driver using it currently (AFAIK), this should
> be easiest and safest.

I'm open to this, but I had not considered this to be a priority
to fix.  I don't expect to be using the domesday branch forever.
Soon we will have to pick on stack or the other to pursue.
(We probably already should have done it...)

John
--
John W. Linville
[EMAIL PROTECTED]