In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (at Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:48:49 +1100), Herbert Xu
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> says:

> On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 10:31:58AM +0900, YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / ?$B5HF#1QL@
> wrote:
> >
> > We SHALL do autoconf when we "up" an ipv6-capable device.
> > It is the IPv6.
>
> I don't think the word "SHALL" stops us from implementing it in
> user-space...

It is because my poor English...sigh...

Specification says an implementation do autoconf when we bringing up
an ipv6-capable device.  It is the nature and requirement of IPv6.

BTW, David, would you mind sending your addrconf patches to me?
I'd like to look into it deeply.
I used to have clone, but I happened to remove that tree...

Thanks.

--yoshfuji