On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 13:50:44 +1100
Herbert Xu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dave Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Note the first slab corruption line..
> >
> > 000: 6b 6b 6b 6b 6a 6b 6b 6b 6b 6b 6b 6b 6b 6b 6b 6b
> >
> > has a single bit error, which _could_ be bad ram, as this box is an ancient
>
> Actually, this is exactly what would've happened if someone did a
> dst_release on a freed dst entry.  So this probably ties in with
> your report about dst badness.
>
> Unfrotunately, I was able to reproduce this bug exactly once with isic
> and since then no matter what I do it just works perfectly.

It takes about 15 minutes of over a gigabit link for me to trigger
on a dual Opteron with 2G of mem. Maybe Dave's niagra's would be
faster.

Although it might be depend on what level of debugging is turned on.
What would be helpful is knowing whether it is related to code path
(ie input packet), or dst cache fillup/release.