On Friday 03 February 2006 12:58, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> this patch does:
> - implement much more flexible firmware statistics parsing
>   (for /proc/driver/acx_wlanX_diag)
>   This has the nice effect that we now get output for both the older
>   TNETW1100 USB and TNETW1450.
>   Since firmware statistics information has non-stable layout depending on
>   firmware version, please report if you suspect any parsing mismatch!
>   This improved version now uses 2kB more driver space, unfortunately.
> - use "% 8" modulo instead of more complicated "% 5" calculation

Why? There will be HZ=100 and HZ=250 boxes, 8ms doesn't fit well.
10ms is ok, 5ms or 2.5ms is more or less ok too, but 8ms?

But I'll apply this anyway.

> - use
>     if (++idx >= count)
>       idx = 0;
>   instead of more bloaty
>     idx = (idx + 1) % count;
>   We might want to add a kernel macro for this *very* common and
>   performance-critical driver operation, say ring_advance_next or so,
>   in order to have the most optimized version for each architecture;
>   Or ($1 million question): Is there already such a beast somewhere!?

As discussed, just use unsigned variable and compile with -Os.

Patch applied to acx and acxsm with following edits:

        if (
            (IS_PCI(adev) && IS_ACX100(adev))
        ||  (IS_USB(adev) && IS_ACX100(adev))
        ) {

Replaced this with "if (IS_ACX100(adev)) {"

typedef struct fw_stats {
       u16                     type;
       u16                     len;
       fw_stats_tx_t           tx;
       fw_stats_rx_t           rx;
       fw_stats_dma_t          dma;
       fw_stats_irq_t          irq;
       fw_stats_wep_t          wep;
       fw_stats_pwr_t          pwr;
       fw_stats_mic_t          mic;
       fw_stats_aes_t          aes;
       fw_stats_event_t        evt;
+      u8                      _padding[FW_STATS_FUTURE_EXTENSION];
} fw_stats_t;

and removed "+FW_STATS_FUTURE_EXTENSION" elsewhere.

--
vda