On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 22:50 +0200, Hasso Tepper wrote:
> jamal wrote:
> > Ok, thanks for the reminder Hasso.
> > so essentially at the moment the pid that will show up (if
> > quagga added the v6 route) will be that of quagga, correct?
>
> No. Quote from Alexey:

I sense you missed my question. I understand the variants of PIDs that
can occur(real, 0 or ones that need you to do a getname()), the question
is:
At the moment if a route (v6 or v4) was added by quagga and i had a
socket that was listening in a different process - what pid will i see
(in my user space app)? Is it of the quagga process or is it 0?

cheers,
jamal

PS:-I will read your man-page - I have it printed, just havent got
around to it yet.