The ethernet controller is integrated into the chipset. Therefore, no mismatch between MSI/MSIX chipset support and device support should exist.

Ayaz

Roland Dreier wrote:
    Roland> Is forcedeth ever used with a discrete ethernet
    Roland> controller?  I thought that nforce NICs are always
    Roland> intergrated in the chipset, and hence the entire scope for
    Roland> MSI problems is within a single chip.  However, I don't
    Roland> know if there are devices that report MSI capability but
    Roland> where it doesn't work (that's a question for nvidia).

Just to be clear -- I meant nforce devices that report MSI capability
but where it doesn't work.

I know for a fact that there are many many devices in the world that
report an MSI capability but where it doesn't work ;)

 - R.