In reviewing the ieee80211 stack in order to add additional geographic support for wireless drivers, I have studied all the in-kernel wireless drivers for their interactions with the routines in ieee80211_geo.c. As clearly stated in the comments, ipw2200.c duplicates most of those routines, even though ieee80211 is required to use ipw2200. Obviously, this bloats both the source code and the binaries for any user of ipw2200. I am planning to develop a patch to have ipw2200 use the ieee80211 code; however, I do not have the necessary hardware to test the result.

Is anyone interested in testing this patch for me? Are there any comments
regarding this change?

Thanks,

Larry