On Monday 27 February 2006 11:20, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> > Comments are welcome and I'll split the patch if needed.
>
> usb.c
> =====
> #define BOGUS_SAFETY_PADDING 0x40
>
> int
> acxusb_s_issue_cmd_timeo(
>         acx_device_t *adev,
>         unsigned cmd,
>         void *buffer,
>         unsigned buflen,
>         unsigned timeout)
> {
> #if ACX_DEBUG
>         return acx_s_issue_cmd_timeo_debug(adev, cmd, buffer, buflen,
timeout, __stringify(cmd));
> #else
>         return acx_s_issue_cmd_timeo_debug(adev, cmd, buffer, buflen,
timeout);
> #endif
> }
>
> stringify what? We want symbolic command name, not it's numeric value.
> stringifying must occur in .h file.

Missed that. The problem is that right now we need to reference the function.
There's no real need for it, so I'll change it.

> acx_func.h
> ==========
> #if ACX_DEBUG
>
> /* We want to log cmd names */
> int acxpci_s_issue_cmd_timeo_debug(acx_device_t *adev, unsigned cmd, void
*param, unsigned len, unsigned timeout, const char* cmdstr);
> int acxusb_s_issue_cmd_timeo_debug(acx_device_t *adev, unsigned cmd, void
*param, unsigned len, unsigned timeout, const char* cmdstr);
> static inline int
> acx_s_issue_cmd_timeo_debug(acx_device_t *adev, unsigned cmd, void *param,
unsigned len, unsigned timeout, const char* cmdstr)
> {
>         if (IS_PCI(adev))
>                 return acxpci_s_issue_cmd_timeo_debug(adev, cmd, param, len,
timeout, cmdstr);
>         return acxusb_s_issue_cmd_timeo_debug(adev, cmd, param, len,
timeout, cmdstr);
> }
> int acx_s_issue_cmd(acx_device_t *adev, unsigned cmd, void *param, unsigned
len);

> It will recurse: acx_s_issue_cmd_timeo_debug ->
acxusb_s_issue_cmd_timeo_debug -> acx_s_issue_cmd_timeo_debug ->....

I forgot to remove that function. In acxusb_s_issue_timeo, it should call
acxusb_s_issue_cmd_timeo_{debug,nodebug}, not the generic function.

> Why do you need if (IS_PCI(adev)) at all?
>
> Please apply the attached style fixes on top of your patches.

Will do.

   cmn
--
Carlos Martín Nieto    |   http://www.cmartin.tk