On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:39:10 -0800, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> This is used to implement radio on/off without having to change other
> parts of the configuration (e.g., set interfaces down). I would rather
> not remove it unless there is an alternative way of doing this.

The problem with this flag is that it is set from
ieee80211_init_client() function, which is removed in next patch and it
isn't clear when it should be set to 1. By trying to figure this out, I
realized that it is completely unused.

Ok, it is probably useful. Let's rename it to something more obvious
(RADIO_ENABLED? ADM_RFKILL?). But I think it shouldn't be re-enabled by
the kernel automatically when station interface is added/brought up.
Does this sound reasonable?

--
Jiri Benc
SUSE Labs