See the links below.

On 3/14/06, Evgeniy Polyakov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > So, while commercial Unix vendors create rocket-science-capable API,
> > > Linux just implements the core.

> > Your patches have been recently discussed on ACE mail list
> >  regarding future support of linux kernel to so-called Proactor design
> >  pattern, where true asynch support from kernel has real advantages.

> So people can find the ways to connect kernelspace event queue and
> asynchronous networking operations with object-oriented design patterns?
> It's time to me to have a step forward from stone age...
> Could you please provide a link, it would be nice to read this discussion.

For the discussion, see
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.ace/browse_thread/thread/51c815d5868a5c4a/82bd450ef8f42593?q=Proactor+linux+kernel&rnum=1#82bd450ef8f42593

For other Proactor discussions:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.ace/search?q=Proactor+linux+kernel&start=0&scoring=d&;