On 3/15/06, jensen galan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> greetings!
>
> this is my first creation of a patch for the linux
> kernel. if you have time, could you please take a look
> at it and give me some feedback.
>
> this patch creates a syn_cache for caching TCP options
> when syn_cookies are in use (by default, all TCP
> options are lost when using syncookies).
>
> any feedback on the implementation of this cache would
> also be appreciated.

Interesting, but...

> if anybody's interested, i have also written a paper
> on this project.
>
> jensen
>

> diff -Naur linux-2.6.11.11/include/net/tcp.h
> linux_new-2.6.11.11/include/net/tcp.h

... can you please update your patch to the latest kernel tree? Preferably
David Miller's net-2.6.17 git tree, available at www.kernel.org/git.

You'll notice some differences :-)

Then repost and we can continue the discussion as I'll probably do some work
in this area to support DCCP's Init Cookies.

Thanks,

- Arnaldo