On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 06:59:53PM +0100, Jiri Benc wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:40:52 -0800, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> > The same issue showed up with our low-level driver. How was the
> > low-level driver supposed to get this information with this change?
>
> From struct ieee80211_if_conf in add_interface callback.

This was the part I had already forgetten about..

> If you have two interfaces running, one of STA type and of AP type, what
> should be the value of such "global mode" variable? It makes more sense
> to have per-interface mode and let driver decide what should be the mode
> it tells to the hardware.

Agreed. The proposed change is much better way of doing this.

> Unfortunately, I'm not able to test AP mode as it's not supported by any
> available driver yet. For STA mode I use bcm43xx drivers.

OK. I tested bcm43xx_dscape in AP mode yesterday and, to my surprise, it
was actually almost working. It was not sending beacon frames, but once
I convinced my client to not care about this, I was able to successfully
associate in WPA-PSK/TKIP mode. Anyway, since I haven't yet got to the
point of merging in needed changes for hostapd, that would be the next
showstopper in allowing you to test this easily.. In other words, until
I get that done, I better be prepared to use time on testing all the AP
mode cases myself ;-).