On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:22:17AM -0800, Jean-Mickael Guerin wrote:

> I'm resending the patch to fix the lifetime of IPv6 routes, you may want
> to include it in your tree or let me know if there is something wrong or
> incomplete.

Sorry, but I don't think this patch is needed.  It is OK to add a route
with the RTF_EXPIRES flag set and rtmsg_info == 0.  It's simply a route
that expires straight away.  So there is no inconsistency in allowing this.

In fact if anything we should find a way to export the RTF_EXPIRES flag
in rt6_fill_node.  As it is I don't see how the user can distinguish
between a route that never expires versus a route that has just expired.

Actually the rt6i_expires check in rt6_fill_node is wrong.  It will
cause a route that expires at jiffies == 0 (remember jiffies do wrap
around) to show as a route that is either permanent or has just expired.
It should be checking the RTF_EXPIRES flag instead.

You're most welcome to fix this bug.

Cheers,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>