David Boggs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> If you insist, I will run it through scripts/Lindent before submitting.

I will not but others may do. Standard formatting is just better and
the cost is near zero.

> The same two source files compile on Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD and
> OpenBSD.  I intend to maintain this driver and keep it in sync
> across OSs, so I would rather not strip out the BSD code.  I tried
> to minimize the number of "#if FOO" statements and I added comments
> attempting to make it clear which kernels used which code.

I'm almost sure it won't be accepted upstream in this shape.

OTOH having all sources in one place (Free/Net/OpenBSD/Linux) and
passing "make" some parameter to decide what kernel are we building
is an interesting idea :-)

> The driver configuration program reports the currently-selected
> line protocol to the user. hdlcdev->proto.id is public, so...

Well, the comment before proto struct in include/linux/hdlc.h says:

/* Things below are for HDLC layer internal use only */

but of course it's not a strict requirement, given that access to
it makes sense.
--
Krzysztof Halasa