Hi,

> It doesn't, but softmac tries to send 2 separate frames in quick
> succession when associating, the second of which is a probereq (haven't
> looked at the first), and the first one hasn't had quite enough time to
> complete at that point.

Ah ok. The second one should only come in after a receive though, or
maybe it is resending the packet.. doubt that though.

> Interesting idea. netif_stop_queue() is called at the start of the TX
> function, and netif_wake_queue() is called when the entire transmission
> has been completed. netif_queue_stopped() can be called at any point to
> determine whether the queue is running.

Right. I was just wondering if there was a completion in the network
layer for netif_wake_queue() :)

> Maybe we should lose the is_queue_running hook and simply just use the
> netif queue as detailed above. Then we could provide softmac wrappers
> around those functions.

Probably.

> That way, when softmac_netif_queue_wake() is called, we can first
> transmit the internal softmac packets which were previously suspended,
> and when they are done, softmac_netif_queue_wake() can call the real
> netif_queue_wake().
>
> Does that sound sensible?

That way we won't need the completion in any case :)

> Will any softmac developers be at the summit?

Yes, I'll be there.

johannes