Krzysztof Oledzki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
>I took this patch from linux-2.6 using git tree and applied to 2.6.16.1
>together with recent "link status" fix. Unfortunately broadcast packet
>duplication still occurs.

        I am unable to induce any duplicate packets using the current
netdev-2.6.git upstream branch (which should be the same bonding driver
as you're using).  I tried it with and without VLANs, using ping to
various addresses (unicast, subnet broadcast, all-1s broadcast).  I'm
using a Cisco switch, and I'm issuing the IOS command "clear mac
address-table dynamic" to induce it to (briefly) flood traffic to all
ports.

        The only duplicates I see are ping pointing out duplicate
returns from the multiple stations on the network.  I don't see bonding
delivering two copies of the same packet.

        Using the unmodified 2.6.16.1 kernel, I do see multiple copies
of the same packet from a ping to the broadcast address using the method
I describe above.

        I am using a different network device (tg3), although I'm not
sure how that would affect this.

        Under what circumstances are you seeing duplicates, and what
type of traffic is it?

        -J

---
        -Jay Vosburgh, IBM Linux Technology Center, [EMAIL PROTECTED]