David Miller <da...@davemloft.net> writes:

> From: Kalle Valo <kv...@codeaurora.org>
> Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 10:31:48 +0200
>
>> I know I'm late now that merge window was opened yesterday but here's
>> one more set of patches I would like to get to 4.6 still. There isn't
>> anything controversial so I hope this should be still safe to pull. The
>> patches have been in linux-next since Friday and I haven't seen any
>> reports about issues. But if you think it's too late just let me know
>> and I'll resubmit these for 4.7.
>>
>> The most notable part here of course is rtl8xxxu with over 100 patches.
>> As the driver is new and under heavy development I think they are ok to
>> take still. Otherwise there are mostly fixes with an exception of adding
>> a new debugfs file to wl18xx.
>>
>> Please let me know if you have any problems.
>
> Pulled, thanks.

Great, thanks a lot.

> I really like Jes's work and I wish you had integrated it several
> months ago, instead of sloshing him needlessly through a non-stop
> cycle of very nit-picky issues, just FYI.

I also like his work and I'm sorry for being too nit-picky. I have tried
to be extra careful with the patches I send to you, especially with new
drivers, and I guess I have been too pedantic. I'll try to lower the bar
to a more reasonable level.

But I actually started to wonder what you actually mean and checked the
dates of initial rtl8xxxu submission from patchwork:

2015-08-29 v1
2015-08-30 v2
2015-10-15 v3
2015-10-21 applied 26f1fad29ad9 to w-d-next for v4.4

Two months is quite long for a good driver like this but IIRC the
initial commit was pending wireless-drivers directory reorganisation,
and that just took too long on my side.

--
Kalle Valo