Ben Greear wrote:
The reason I suggested to not make the size #defines visible is that it really doesn't help
much.  If you are receiving in user space, a more useful number is:

sizeof(vlan_eth_header) + MTU of interface

Depending on the underlying NIC, you may still receive larger packets, so
never assume you absolutely know the max size of pkt to be read:  Check the
return values from recvfrom, etc.

I see your point. I will give this a bit to see if there are any other comments and then post a new patch that only exports the vlan_ethhdr structure.
-Ack