Maybe it's unrelated to this problem, but it is interesting observation, at least for me.

All boxes running for two weeks now and spitting these assert messages have about 1,5GB of slab size allocated, with skbuff_head_cache entry being the largest entry. After rebooting, it is all nice and small, but it is noticable, that this entry is again constantly growing. This is happening on all my boxes, which print these asserts.

Could this be simply a result of a data corruption happening somwhere in e1000 driver in relevance with this problem?

After seting TSO to off on all boxes affected with this slab leak, it suddenly works perfectly. No slab leaking occurs and no errors in dmesg regarding TCP asserts.

--
Michal Feix
[EMAIL PROTECTED]