Hi,

I just read David S. Miller's skb redundancy page and in it he seems to suggest
taking an approach similar to that of BSD's mbufs to reduce the skb's
size. I was going to do some janitor work on the network stack and I
thought that maybe I could start by adding a tag list to the skb
similar to BSD's mbuf tags and change the code to store its private
variables in tags rather than in skb->cb. That should save 40 bytes
per skb and maybe later the tc and nf related variables could go in
tags too. The transition shouldn't be hard for the most part, many
users of skb->cb use macros like FRAG_CB(skb) so I could redefine
those macros to search the tag-list for the appropriate tag and return
its contents. Is this approach acceptable or is there a consensus on
another approach?