On 05/03/2016 05:25 PM, Eric Dumazet wrote:
On Tue, 2016-05-03 at 23:54 +0200, Peter Wu wrote:
When applications use listen() with a backlog of 0, the kernel would
set the maximum connection request queue to zero. This causes false
reports of SYN flooding (if tcp_syncookies is enabled) or packet drops
otherwise.

Well, I believe I already gave my opinion on this.

listen backlog is not a hint. This is a limit.

It is the limit of outstanding children in accept queue.

If backlog is 0, no child can be put in the accept queue.

It is therefore Working As Intented.

Dropping the connection attempt makes sense, but is entering/claiming synflood really indicated in the case of a zero-length accept queue?

rick