Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 07:59:21PM -0500, Larry Finger wrote:

I am planning on writing a new routine to be added to net/ieee80211/ieee80211_geo.c that will populate an ieee80211_geo object given a country code. The new routine will eliminate the need for each driver to do their own.

This sounds like a generally good idea, but the question is:  do we want
this inside a kernel module or in userspace, either like the regulartory
daemon intel has (unfortunately in binary only form) or as a simple init
script.  I really don't want to recompile my kernel just because regulations
changed, and they seems to do that quite often.

Yet I would expect the regulatory bodies to look less favorably on something more easily maleable by the end-user.

rick jones