On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Jesse Brandeburg wrote:

Boris B. Zhmurov wrote:
Hello, Herbert Xu.

On 19.04.2006 03:27 you said the following:

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 01:22:56PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:

I think it is deserving of some run time assertions, else these bugs
will elude us continually.  Luckily there are only a few places that
would need the run time assertion checks on skb->truesize, and I'll
try to spend a few cycles on implementing this soon.

Yes indeed.  One place that comes to mind would be tcp_trim_head just
before we munge truesize.

Cheers,

I confirm, finally I don't see messages in dmesg about assertions. Nice work :)

I can also confirm that both machines here had no problems after applying this patch. Good work!

Me too, me too. Thank you! :)

Best regards,

                                Krzysztof Olędzki