On 2016-06-12 20:30, subas...@codeaurora.org wrote:
The suggested change would extend the usable range of positive numbers
by one bit only. As many systems are 64 bit this does not seem forward
looking.

I would prefer to have a routine that can handle 64 bit integers with
limits (let's call it proc_doint64vec_minmax) which uses fields extra1
and extra2 of ctl_table as min and max.

Then set xfrm_table[].extra1 = 0 and xfrm_table[].extra2 = UINT_MAX if
you need a result in the u32 range.

Thanks Heinrich. Do you think we can use proc_doulongvec_minmax for this?

Actually proc_doulongvec_minmax does not work here.
I would expect similar problems due to casting if we use u64 (proc_doint64vec_minmax) here.

static int __do_proc_doulongvec_minmax(void *data, struct ctl_table *table, int write,
{
        unsigned long *i, *min, *max;
        int vleft, first = 1, err = 0;

i = (unsigned long *) data; //This cast is causing to read beyond the size of data (u32)
        min = (unsigned long *) table->extra1;
        max = (unsigned long *) table->extra2;
vleft = table->maxlen / sizeof(unsigned long); //vleft is 0 because maxlen is sizeof(u32) which is lesser than sizeof(unsigned long) on x86_64.

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project.