On 6/15/16 1:48 PM, David Miller wrote:
But if people don't use the helpers, and initialize flow structures
on their own, yeah that defeats the whole mechanism and things will
seem harder and "unhelpful".

That's my point -- the flow struct does not have a consistent initializer. There have been a number of bug patches over the past year like 4cfc86f3dae6 to handle uninitialized elements. My suggestion here is the same as 4cfc86f3dae6 which is to initialize the flow when it is declared.

Consider the recent change from Hannes for 38b7097b55b6. fl6 can be initialized when it is declared with a bit of straightforward refactoring -- icmp6_send has an easy split into 2.

Seems like that is a more robust long term solution considering the various init use cases.