From: Evgeniy Polyakov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:25:36 +0400

> The more complex userspace interface we create the less users it will
> have. It is completely unconvenient to read 100 bytes and receive only
> 80, since 20 were eaten by header.

These bytes are charged to socket anyways, and allowing the
headers to be there is the only clean way to finesse the whole
zero-copy problem.

User can manage his data any way he likes.  He can decide to take
advantage of the zero-copy layout we've provided, or he can copy
to put things into a format he is more happy with at the cost
of the copy.