On 16-07-02 12:58 PM, Cong Wang wrote:
On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 7:34 AM, Jamal Hadi Salim <j...@mojatatu.com> wrote:
From: Jamal Hadi Salim <j...@mojatatu.com>

Often redirecting or mirroring requires that we set the dstMAC address
of the target device. While it is possible to pipe to a pedit action,
this patch obsoletes the need for that. This is a justified feature because
the dst MAC addresses rewrite is such a common use case.

Maybe, instead of allowing to set arbitrary MAC address, how about
just allow setting to the MAC address of the target device?

You cant discover the remote MAC address; I have a wire
connected between two machines. I set it to the MAC address
of the remote machine i know of. And there are times I really
want to set it to some arbitrary values (although that is more
test mode than production).

cheers,
jamal

If so we only need a boolean flag for user-space.

IOW, do we really need such flexibility?