Hi
Just Marc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That's good, but it may (and probably will) suppress many other messages which may be of more interest...

That's the crux of the matter.  There is no way we can satisfy everyone
short of putting a knob on each individual printk.

So the only solution is to do the filtering yourself in userspace through
klogd/syslogd.
It is the crux of the matter. This print is a purely informational one, absolutely harmless (unless I'm mistaken) and clogs kernel logs throughout the universe :)

Seriously, other kernel prints are usually not so harmless and are generally more important to see. Let me put it another way, except this print, I have no other prints whatsoever on any of my machines and if there are prints, I usually do want to know about them, I learned to ignore this print over the years. I believe many people are in the same boat.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Thanks