On 16-07-12 01:10 PM, Cong Wang wrote:
On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 5:12 AM, Jamal Hadi Salim <j...@mojatatu.com> wrote:
From: Jamal Hadi Salim <j...@mojatatu.com>

This action is intended to be an upgrade from a usability perspective
from pedit. Compare this:

Definitely agree we need a more user-friendly interface.

pedit is a good starting point - but once you start going to a large
number of policies then from a programmability, ops and usability point
of view you need something with more succint params.

But it is still unclear why we can't just build something on top of
pedit? Since pedit accepts keys like u32, user-space is free to
introduce any wrapper on top of it.

That hasnt served us well so far for reasons i described earlier
especially in the dump case.
It hasnt served u32 as a classifier well either (yes, those dump
wrappers exist on the tc user code); i am almost willing to bet
you didnt even know such a feature existed ;->

It should not be a problem for libnl3 to build anything on top too.

And I dont use libnl3 either.
Again, as i stated earlier: pedit is a good first starting point.
At some point usability gets in the way and this is a natural next step.

I am going to work on the patch and will add src mac and ethertype for
completion.

cheers,
jamal