Hi,

I lost some mails on the list because of my network trouble.
This might not be a correct thread to reply. Sorry.

Anyway, I traced the probelem.

My test environment likes:

The host in my network could reach to the global network via NAT-T on IPv4.
But it could not reach to the global network on IPv6 because router did not have
the default route.
The radvd on the router advertised a global scope prefix for the hosts.
The hosts accordingly have a global scoped address.
DNS server returned both AAAA and A of the target host(server).

The router and the host is Ubuntu 5.10 with the kernel 2.6.16.9.

I tested with these steps:

1. I did "dig" to check that the host could got AAAA address.
2. I did ping6 to check that the host received dest unreach
   with no route from the router.
3. I run "evalution" and connected to my server which have AAAA and A.

It falled back to IPv4 and it could connect the server via IPv4 network.
It also falled back by "Time exceeded". My evolution version is 2.4.1.
Of course, when I added IPv6 default route, it connected via IPv6 network.

I think they works well as far as ICMPv6 error messages can be received.
I did not test in the environment in which ICMPv6 error messages are filtered.

Best regards,