Phil Dibowitz wrote:

As for the clearing, in this case, the clearing is done by a command to
the hardware - and I believe the hardware does that atomically. However,
I could certainly add a spinlock around it if someone sees a need.

No, because then you'd also have to add the spin-lock in the hot path
to keep rx/tx threads from accessing counters at the same time.  There is no
way a patch that hurts performance like this will be accepted, but I'm
still hopeful that a patch with zero or very near zero performance impact
will be accepted.

Ben

--
Ben Greear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>