On 10/13/16 1:34 AM, Jiri Pirko wrote:

> Although I didn't like the "all-list" idea when Veaceslav pushed it
> because it looked to me like a big hammer, it turned out to be very handy
> and quick for traversing neighbours. Why it cannot be fixed?
>
> The walks with possibly hundreds of function calls instead of a single
> list traverse worries me.

I have been looking at this code for a week now. Every solution I came up with
that solved the original problems introduced new ones -- usually with adjacency
remove expecting an adjacency that did not exist. In the end I came to the
conclusion it is not possible to maintain an all_adj_list when the upper tree
can have multiple paths to the top device. If someone thinks otherwise I am
happy to test a patch.