On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 11:09:56AM +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Larry Finger wrote:
> >This statement fails to compile on my system using Linus' tree, because
> >ieee80211softmac_disassoc needs a second argument - the reason. It seems
> >as if WLAN_REASON_PREV_AUTH_NOT_VALID would be appropriate.
>
> Thanks for pointing that out. This patch depends on a patch titled
> "softmac: deauthentication implies deassociation" which is apparently
> not present in Linus' tree.

That patch is in the upstream branch (also available in the master
branch) of wireless-2.6, which is probably what anyone doing wireless
patches should(*) be using.

The approved release process only allows for non-bugfix patches
in the first two weeks after a Linus blesses a new kernel release.
After that only bugfixes are allowed, with non-bugfix patches getting
queued for the next merge window.  The upstream branch represents
that queue of patches.

Hth!

John

(*) The exception being those workign on Devicescape-related patches,
who should be working off the master branch of wireless-dev.
--
John W. Linville
[EMAIL PROTECTED]