On 16-10-24 05:03 AM, Daniel Borkmann wrote:
On 10/24/2016 10:48 AM, Jiri Pirko wrote:
Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 12:30:44AM CEST, dan...@iogearbox.net wrote:
On 10/23/2016 05:35 PM, Jamal Hadi Salim wrote:
From: Jamal Hadi Salim <j...@mojatatu.com>

An actual commit message would be good especially if it's a fix
for -net tree plus stable. Thanks.

Also a "Fixes:" tag would be nice to have :)

This kernel address leakage dates back to history tree:

Fixes: 4e54c4816bfe ("[NET]: Add tc extensions infrastructure.")

Was this from bitkeeper?
Unfortunately - I think this changed somewhere after inception of
tc, pre-git. But i cant find any way to trace that. So we could point a
finger and say this bug "has always been there from day one"
and we need a way to annotate that.

Also, please suggest a good commit message.
I could point to iproute2 patch or cutnpaste the novel i wrote
there.

cheers,
jamal