Finally, I found my modems (or at least a number of them) again today.
But I'm sorry to say, that the troublesome Huawei E3372h-153 is still
giving us a hard time.  It does not work with your patch. The symptom is
the same as earlier:  The modem returns MBIM frames with 32bit headers.

So for now, I have to NAK this patch.

I am sure we can find a good solution that makes all of these modems
work, but I cannot support a patch that breaks previously working
configurations. Sorry.  I'll do a few experiments and see if there is a
simple fix for this.  Otherwise we'll probably have to do the quirk
game.

Bjørn