On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Hannes Frederic Sowa <han...@stressinduktion.org> wrote:
Hello Tom,

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016, at 00:06, Tom Herbert wrote:
We are seeing a fair number of machines getting into softlockup in 4.6
 kernel. As near as I can tell this is happening on the spinlock in
bind hash bucket. When inet_csk_get_port exits and does spinunlock_bh
 the TCP timer runs and we hit lockup in inet_put_port (presumably on
 same lock). It seems like the locked isn't properly be unlocked
 somewhere but I don't readily see it.

 Any ideas?

Likewise we received reports that pretty much look the same on our
heavily patched kernel. Did you have a chance to investigate or
reproduce the problem?

I am wondering if you would be able to take a complete thread stack dump if you can reproduce this to check if one of the user space processes is
looping inside finding a free port?

We can reproduce the problem at will, still trying to run down the problem. I'll try and find one of the boxes that dumped a core and get a bt of everybody. Thanks,

Josef