On Fri, 2016-12-09 at 08:43 -0800, Tom Herbert wrote:

> Are you thinking of allowing unconnected socket to have multiple input
> queues? Sort of an automatic and transparent SO_REUSEPORT...

It all depends if the user application is using a single thread or
multiple threads to drain the queue.

Since we used to grab socket lock in udp_recvmsg(), I guess nobody uses
multiple threads to read packets from a single socket.

So heavy users must use SO_REUSEPORT already, not sure what we would
gain trying to go to a single socket, with the complexity of mem
charging.